101 Reasons “Why Feldenkrais?”
101 Reasons “Why Feldenkrais?”
1. Become pain-free with the Feldenkrais Method. The method can help us create conditions for healing and recovery. There are causes that contribute to an increase of the pain and paths leading to relief.
2. Awareness training. Ability to develop an awareness is a unique gift we homo sapiens possess. And we should capitalize on it! Awareness training is an enormously and universally beneficial! Awareness is the key to improvement. As you get better with any skill weather is dancing, playing and on the instrument, cooking solving mathematical problems or parenting your awareness is a key to the progress. We defined awareness simply by calling knowing what you’re doing knowing yourself and your environment. It seems to be trivial yet is as profound as it gets.
3. Use of the skeleton. No other system offers the practical understanding of how to use your skeleton. Do you know what is the job of your skeleton? Do you sense if your phones are doing a Intended task? Could they do it better? Do you know how to train your skeletal self? Most people associate skeletons with Halloween and death. In fact many are scared of skeletons. Our work changes the concept hundred 80°. Skeleton is life call my skeleton when used properly is self-mastery and happiness. Befriend call my fall in love with your skeleton via the Feldenkrais method.
4. Training in effortlessness. The lesson for accents on reducing effort while moving. Instead of pushing harder, we focus on how to be efficient.
5. Feldenkrais method trains your muscles too. But again in such a different way that most exercises rightly propose. If the goal is to build muscles, increase power or endurance we refer clients to more standard approaches like physical therapy, weight training and resistance training. But how often doing a typical day you need to lift the maximum load home push yourself to the limit? How much of your day is spent in the middle ranges of your muscular exertion coma most of us utilize too much power, we initiated movements too abruptly, overusing and straining ourselves; we grab coffee mugs with white knuckles, yank on the doorknobs, polar breaths when putting our socks on. These represent excessive work, in 1960 dr. Henman proposed gradual recruitment of muscle fibers theory as a form off securing conservation of energy in parenthesis deficiency. Feldenkrais method is probably the best system that deals with initiation of movement that considers the initiation of movement to be more important than finalizing it.
6. Good movement is a smooth movement. The aim of each Feldenkrais lesson is for you to become a more graceful.
7. To help you look good.
8. Posture is the essential aspect of the Feldenkrais system.
9. Train your brain and your body.
10. Movement occupies the nervous system more than anything else.
11. Attention needs training.
12. Feldenkrais help you control your habits.
13. Having more choices and being able to make good ones matters.
14. It feels so good – after lessons often we experience the incredible lightness of being.
15. Holistic approach to movement, thinking, feeling and sensing.
16. Movement reflects the state of our nervous system.
17. Training of the nervous system; the job of the nervous system is sensory (gathering information from exteroceptors and interoceptors), interpretive (making sense of the information), and executive (producing a thought or action/moving).
18. Balance and equilibrium. Dr. Feldenkrais understood the physics, particularly gravity, kinetic and potential energy, role of the bones, soft tissues and the nervous system in managing dynamic balance we lose a regain balance all the time. Learning how to do it better, with less energy expenditure and faster recognizing and correcting in parenthesis writing reflexes practices close it immediately as they occur makes our control of our balance masterful.
19. Because we do not believe in no pain no gain principle.
20. It’s all about making clear distinctions having an enhancing your sensory accuracy allows you to understand and cope with the world better.
21. Developmental foundation of the Feldenkrais method. You can’t learn to walk by walking, you can’t learn to sit by sitting. We need to look how babies learn to walk, sit; how any action or skill develops. When we do that we learn that babies need to develop preliminary skills first way before the new milestone emerges.
22. Attention to means instead of goals. So often our focus is on achieving your goal and we try to do it at any price we make tons of mistakes and often solidify them in our effort effortful approach. Shifting our attention to the or that “how’s” of action frees us from driving and allows to focus and polish the action removing errors and mistakes.
23. Because we cherish errors and mistakes. Errors and mistakes are essential components of any learning, providing that we learn to differentiate or put simply two cents difference is between making them increasing errors, decreasing error or eliminating an error altogether. Errors and mistakes are not the case off quotation mark yes or no on but there is a gradation of an error from smaller to a larger on the larger spectrum from being able to do an action with mastery to not be able to do it at all.
24. Know thyself has been a part of human quest since the ancient times. Have a great method makes the process of learning about yourself more practical without losing its philosophical profoundness.
25. We see the potential in you. We look for what is good in you. We expose that, magnify it and use it as a place to start working with you. Our approach is opposite to looking for problems and focusing on them.
26. Learn how to be your best friend; loving kindness toward yourself.
27. Because it is gentle and safe.
28. Learning is exciting.
29. Because it’s good for your health.
30. For prevention.
31. It’s a good way to improve your athletic performance and enhance your competitive edge.
32. A great learning method for performing artists, musicians, dancers and actors.
33. Mindfulness training.
34. For achieving maturity.
35. Lowering stress and anxiety any calming your antsy.
36. Developing deep and respectful relationship with your practitioners and other students.
37. Learning how to use your big muscles for big work in small ones for precision and adjustments.
38. To improve your spatial orientation.
39. To breathe better and easier.
40. To sleep more soundly and restfully.
41. For improvement of pelvic floor function with all the practical and fun aspects.
42. Yes, to get pregnant if you are working on it, by creating a good, internal environment for a new life.
43. Because Feldenkrais is the revolution in human health.
44. To make you smarter. The Feldenkrais method affects your thinking too.
45. Getting unstuck.
46. To heal and recover from injury faster.
47. Feldenkrais is the way of dealing with neurological conditions focusing on recovering function after stroke, MS, cerebral palsy and even Parkinson’s disease.
48. Shake off mental laziness.
49. To help your joints restore full movements.
50. Improve your physical intelligence.
51. To be part of the greater community of people who practice and cultivate awareness and who simply care about the world and others.
52. To get inspired.
53. Become more flexible.
54. To protect your joints.
55. Improve your vision.
56. Feldenkrais improves your TMJ and therefore the function of chewing, biting, talking and singing, opening and closing your mouth.
57. Restore energy a remedy for fatigue and exhaustion.
58. Improve your coordination.
59. Become fully present for here and now. Present to yourself and your loved ones.
60. Address patterns of behavior you have always wanted to change.
61. Focusing better.
62. Learn to rest better.
63. Sit upright and more comfortably.
64. Walk with poise.
65. Climb stairs with ease.
66. To re-introduce movements after a prolonged bed rest and sickness.
67. To get rid of your headaches.
68. Alleviate pain and get rid of suffering.
69. Because the experience is soothing.
70. Learn to fall like a martial artist without hurt or injury.
71. To feel safer in the world.
72. To solve problems intelligently.
73. Getting better at your job and profession.
74. Because of its uncommon sense.
75. Over a thousand of intricate lessons cover a vast spectrum of your movements.
76. Boost your self-image.
77. Improve the body-maps in your brain.
78. To get rid of back pain and sciatica.
79. Relieve muscle spasms.
80. For pain-free neck and shoulders.
81. Heal shoulder injuries and pain.
82. Improve your hip joints.
83. Strong, flexible and pain-free knees and ankles.
84. Take care of your feet.
85. Hands and wrists wellness.
86. Solving elbows problems like tennis or golfer’s elbow.
87. Healing tendon problems.
88. Feldenkrais can train your core stability without making you stiff and rigid.
89. Improve your digestive system, reduce Reflux/GIRD with a better coordination of your diaphragm, abdominal and back muscles.
90. Restore your spontaneous self.
91. Improve your imagination and creativity.
92. Get the sparkle back again.
93. Live a better, happier life.
94. Learn to love yourself.
95. Let go of self judgement.
96. Bring curiosity back to your life.
98. Every day in every way to get better and better.
99. Increase your sense of potency.
100. Because movement is life! Life without movement is unthinkable.
101. Make impossible - possible, difficult – easy and easy - elegant.
Not convinced yet?
There are many other paths to improvement.