JKA Solvents & Glue, UpRight - Standing PracticeMonday, October 30th at 8 AM on Zoom With Kasia Wyszynski
JKA: Solvents and Glue®– What is it?
Find new & creative ways to foster strength, flexibility & stamina in being upright.
We will practice the movements in this series mostly in standing and occasionally in sitting. Begin your week strong with your feet firmly on the ground!
The short 30 min format on Zoom, is meant to make it possible for you to practice anywhere and be able to focus your attention better on a smaller number of movements for a better recall.
You will learn the following:
• ways to gain strength and stamina in your legs and upper body
• clear directions for alignment of your knees, ankles, and hips joints
• to bring more solidity to muscles in your upper thighs
• clarify the connection of your ankles, buttocks, and diaphragm
• strengthen your upper back
• find new and creative ways to develop flexibility and strength in being upright
Who may benefit?
These classes are for you if:
- You practice the Feldenkrais® method and notice there are parts of your body where you need to let go and “dissolve” tension. There may be other places where you could use more solidity, strength, or “glue.”
- You have regular exercise practice like Pilates, Yoga, running, brisk walking, or others and want to improve the clarity and control of your body, making it easier to find the forms and movements without strain or risk of injuries.
- You are recovering from an injury in your musculoskeletal system and transitioning to an independent exercise program.
- You are managing a chronic condition affecting the way you move.
- You are looking for a way to incorporate more strengthening and balance exercises into your wellness routine, and going to the GYM is not your cup of tea.
The movements in this program are arranged in a carefully developed sequence. They are done upright and build on each other engagingly and creatively. Occasionally we will use sitting and lying down positions as well.
About Jeremy Krauss:
Jeremy Krauss was a student of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. In his 40 years of practice and teaching, he has directed 28 Feldenkrais Professional Trainings. Jeremy has also created and developed groundbreaking work in the field of early developmental movement and its applications to special needs children – The Jeremy Krauss Approach (JKA) – education based on the work of Dr. Feldenkrais. https://jeremy-krauss.com